Water Damage Removal In Missoula – Appliances Most Likely To Cause Water Damage
Your appliances can cause serious indoor flooding. While modern comforts like refrigerators, dishwashers, air conditioners, washers, and water heaters can make life easier, they can also cause a water disaster. Leaky appliances, whether a slow drip or ruptured pipe, can do a lot of damage. Even something seemingly insignificant, if left unattended for a long time, can damage floors or cause structural damage, as well as increase the chances of mold growth in your house. While our Missoula water damage removal experts are always prepared to respond to the water damage caused by appliance malfunctions. Prevention is the best step to try to avoid it.
- Washing Machine – If your washer starts to leak, don’t ignore it. Keep an eye out for leaks around the clamps on the hosepipe because this is an indication of future failures. It’s a good idea to check your water hoses monthly for cracks, leaks, or corrosion on your washing machine. You should replace hoses after five years, regardless of how good they appear on the outside.
- Hot Water Heater – Traditional storage-tank water heaters are susceptible to corrosion, age-related damage, and mineral buildup. This can cause the tank to rupture or leak, resulting in plenty of water filling your flooring. A regular inspection of the hot water system might help to reduce the risk of flooding. To clear the sediments, ensure you flush the tank twice per year. Check on your water heater and be sure to replace it every ten years.
- Refrigerator – Poor sealing or a frozen drain clog is the main cause of condensation buildup which results in water leaks below the unit. To prevent defrosted drain clog, thaw the ice in the defrosted drain before flushing it with hot water. Inspect the rubber seal which runs along the door for signs of faulty sealing. If you don’t take appropriate measures, the icemaker might quickly turn into a disaster. It’s also a good idea to check the hose and water line every time to make sure they are connected properly.
- Dishwasher – There is a possibility your dishwasher can start leaking if the valves and hoses are not working properly. If important plumbing pipes become loose, a pool of water may form in your kitchen. Remember that a dishwasher is only supposed to last ten years. If your dishwasher is approaching this point, it might be time to replace it.
- Air Conditioner – Your air conditioners, which are a need in our households, require regular and periodic maintenance to avoid leaking water everywhere. Air conditioning units remove moisture from the air to cool it down. If not adequately drained, or if clogged or blocked up, that moisture would then leak out. Inspect your heating system at least once per year to make sure it’s working properly and to avoid having to clean up water damage on your property.
Water Damage Removal Missoula
If you have experienced a water damage emergency at your home or business, the water damage cleanup specialists at Five Valleys Restoration and Cleaning are always ready to respond immediately to limit the damage and restore your property. When our professionals are on the project, nothing goes undetected. Do not hesitate to contact Five Valleys Restoration and Cleaning if you need emergency water damage removal in Missoula. Our crew is ready to help 24/7.