Being Familiar With Mold To Catch It Before Removal Costs Get High

mold removal missoula, mold removal services, mold repair missoulaWhen homeowners in Missoula hear the word mold, many begin to panic. While mold is a very serious problem, it is widely misunderstood. The mold removal experts at Five Valleys Restoration want to be sure that you understand just what mold is, what it can do in your home, and how we can help. 

Mold Removal In Missoula

Molds are fungi that thrive in warm, damp, dark, and humid conditions. Mold found in homes can be a very dangerous, not to mention costly, problem. There are over 60,000 different species of mold, and they can be found both inside and outside. The most dangerous form of mold found in homes is stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold. This type of mold is found in areas that stay damp, like air conditioning pipes and ducts, and in areas that have sustained water damage. If left untreated, mold can become extremely hazardous, and reproduces and spreads very quickly.

Mold reproduces by spores that are invisible to the naked eye. Mold spores need three things to grow: nutrients (food source), moisture, and time. Food sources for indoor mold include wood, drywall, and even dust. The moisture for mold to grow indoors often comes from water damage such as leaks or floods. If mold spores are inhaled or ingested, they can cause a variety of dangerous health symptoms. Respiratory problems are the most common symptoms of mold exposure. Chronic coughing, sneezing, rashes, fatigue, headaches, and irritation to the eyes and mucous membranes of the nose and throat, along with sinus infections, shortness of breath, and allergic reactions can all occur as a result of mold exposure. Since mold spores travel through the air, the air quality throughout the entire house is compromised, making it very important to get the problem resolved safely and quickly.

You can find DIY tutorials, instructions, and solutions to almost anything these days. Many DIY techniques for mold cleanup suggest using bleach to remove mold. While bleach is a very strong and effective surface cleaner, mold cannot be treated with this DIY method alone. Without the proper training, techniques, experience, and equipment, mold can be left behind in porous materials, be spread around, and left in areas we cannot see (behind walls, in ceilings, under floors, etc.). For safe, adequate, and thorough mold remediation, the only solution is to call in the professionals at Five Valleys Restoration.

When you call us for your mold removal needs, you can rest assured that you are calling the experts who understand how to clean and remove mold safely and effectively. We are meticulous and employ state-of-the-art technologies all while following industry standards to be sure that the mold is safely eliminated from your home. Whether the mold is found in your basement, attic, crawlspace, bathroom, or anywhere else in your home, we can get it removed and restore the health of your home. Failing to recognize the seriousness of mold, and taking a mold removal problem into your own hands, will only result in more problems and may even end up costing you more in the long haul. Don’t put yourself or your family at risk and don’t waste your time or money on solutions that will not work. Instead, call Five Valleys Restoration and rest assured that you are home are in the best hands possible. 

Contact Us

If this is an emergency, please call 406-542-2113 for immediate service.